- Type of Expenditure Low High
- Initial Franchise Fee $45,000 $45,000
- Real Estate Services Fee $2,500 $2,500
- Real Estate (Rent – First 3 months) $20,000 $68,750
- Security Deposit $10,000 $20,000
- Real Estate Improvements $445,000 $666,000
- Computer and Point of Sales Hardware/Software $8,600 $20,500
- Computer Software Installation and Training; First Year Subscription $8,500 $8,900
- Gift Card Processing and Customer Service Surveys $677 $747
- Restaurant Equipment, Furniture, Fixtures and Signage $265,200 $334,192
- Utility Deposits $2,000 $5,000
- Opening Inventory and Supplies $25,000 $50,000
- Grand Opening Advertising $8,000 $15,000
- Training Expenses $29,000 $50,000
- Licenses – Alcoholic Beverages, Business and Health $6,000 $10,000
- Insurance $3,000 $6,000
- Legal $2,000 $6,000
- Accounting Firm $8,500 $10,000
- Reservation System $1,750 $3,500
- Additional Funds - 3 months $85,000 $145,000
- Total Estimated Initial Investment under the Franchise Program (Excluding Real Estate Purchase Costs) $984,227 $1,466,089
- Development Fee (Includes $45,000 Initial Franchise Fee for the first Restaurant) $22,500 $90,000
- Total Estimated Initial Investment under the Area Development Program (Excluding Real Estate Purchase Costs) $1,006,727 $1,556,089
You've Got Questions
We Have Answers. Check out Frequently Asked Questions!Go Now!
“Due to their willingness to listen, collaboration with The Melting Pot is easy.”Mike S.
“I purchased an existing The Melting Pot franchise in Grand Rapids, MI, commencing April, 2014. This restaurant is a lot of fun as we focus on delivering the 'Perfect Night Out' to our guests.”Jon F.
“The only thing franchise operators have to do is give good service.”Barry B.
“I believe the key factors required to succeed in the franchise business are: stability, ease of operation, good execution and a unique, quality product. The Melting Pot has all of these attributes.”Mike R.
“I fell in love with the concept so it actually had my heart before it had my work and my brain and my efforts...I'm just as passionate about what we do, and that's 23 years later.”Jeff N.
“The first thing that I loved about The Melting Pot was the fact that there was no kitchen equipment... It was the most unique concept that I had ever experienced.”Jere C.
“What I love about being a franchisee for this brand, working for this brand, being apart of it is family and belonging. You truly do gain a family not just with your immediate store but with this entire Melting Pot community.”Lucinda H.
Investment & Financing
Restaurant Franchise Opportunities with The Melting Pot®
We’re in the business of making memories. Why not invest in an opportunity that allows you to lead by example while creating an atmosphere of everyday celebration and togetherness? At The Melting Pot®, we seek potential franchisees who have either restaurant industry experience, strong financial and business acumen, a background in franchising, or all of the above. We offer single and multi-unit agreements for our celebrated fondue restaurant franchise. Interested candidates must have a minimum cash liquidity of $325K and a minimum net worth of $750K, which may be combined among business partners. Expect an estimated initial investment of $900K to $1.55M.
With our fondue restaurant franchise opportunities, The Melting Pot offers an exciting opportunity to give your guests the Perfect Night Out®! Learn more about your initial investment and financing options when you call (844) 334-2601.
OurPath to Grow Program
The Melting Pot seeks experienced, passionate restaurant operators to purchase
resale locations. In fact, we created a financing program to help make
it happen. If you have restaurant management experience but you lack the
financial capital to invest in a new restaurant, we invite you to learn
more about our Path to Grow Program. We finance up to 95% of the Purchase
Price including improvements and initial capital contributions. This program
allows qualified restaurant operators to purchase a turnkey Melting Pot
franchise with as little as 5% down! Experience with
The Melting Pot is not required.
The franchisee retains full ownership of the location from the very beginning,
while The Melting Pot has a vested interest in their success. Acceptance
to our Path to Grow Program is determined on a case-by-case basis for
resale opportunities only. The cost of acquisition also varies from location
to location, based on a number of factors. We encourage you to visit our
Resale Opportunities page to learn more about the option to invest in existing units and view
the current list
of locations available for sale.
Apply today by filling out our online preliminary form or learn more when you call our Franchise Development team at (844) 334-2601 today!